Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Retrospect

Little do I know, though I'm no Picasso,
I'm about to go through my own Blue Period.
A myriad of things are about to upheave my life
'cause I don't yet know that all is not quite right.

Right now, I think I've got it all sussed out:
got a job, got a plan, got a car and a man.
Within weeks, I'll have watched all these pipedreams burn,
but right now I'm thinking it's finally my turn.
Little do I know.

Though I'm free of my degree, at the age of twenty-three
the rest of my twenties stretch out in front of me.
After years of stringent study, I think I can agree -
little do I know.

My loving boyfriend, I'll find out that he just pretended.
In two weeks, on Facebook he will be defriended.
What I thought was fraught with promise will soon be ended,
but little do I know.

Why I'm tired in the mornings, nearly soldered to my bed,
why I sobbed right through a movie when I should have laughed instead,
why I can't get the hurtful things he said out of my head -
little do I know.

Though I'm no Picasso, I'm about to go through my own Blue Period.
A myriad of things are about to change my life,
'cause sometimes it takes a lot of wrongs to make things right.
But, little do I know.

No comments: